In our Biosenda blog we love to offer ideas that help us follow our path towards a more natural lifestyle. Therefore, this month we want to share this delicious recipe that María has given us from the fantastic blog mariawheats.com. It’s very healthy and with a different touch. Enjoy!
Quite a while ago, I discovered that chickpeas are not only great when preparing stews; I’ve also started to use them regularly for making salads, hummus and cold soups, such as salmorejo. And I’ve really wanted to try them in sweet recipes, so this one seemed like a perfect start; a very simple recipe and not at all boring. It’s one of those recipes that delightfully surprises. When you first give it to someone to try -without telling them what it’s made of- they say, “Yummmmy, how tasty!!!” And then, when you tell them that you made it with chickpeas, they say, “C’mon, Really?”
It’s a perfect dessert for people who are gluten intolerant, since it doesn’t contain any flour. It’s a good source of vegetable protein and so it’s a fun way for adults -and kids!- to eat their legumes.
To make this chickpea brownie we’ll need:
200 grams of cooked organic chickpeas
2 organic eggs
2-3 heaping tablespoons of fat-free cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of organic honey
4 tablespoons of organic coconut sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 handful of chopped walnuts
100 grams of black chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Wash the chickpeas well to remove the canning liquid, drain them and put them in a nut chopper or the food processor that you typically use.
- Add the organic eggs and blend them at high speed for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips and walnuts, and again blend it up at high speed until everything is well mixed.
- Mix in the cocoa chips with a spatula or spoon.
- Turn on the oven and set the temperature to 180º C. Place the dough in a greased brownie mold or use vegetable paper, spreading it evenly. Then put the chopped walnuts on top.
- Put the mold in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
Once the brownies are ready, it’s best to let them cool for a few minutes. They’re wonderful when still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.